St. Francis De Sales Church
Church History
The church was established in the year 1954.
This was erected as a parish by Archbishop Dr Louis Mathias SDB.
The parish ministry had extended to Thiruvallur town and the mission stations Sevvapet, Manavalanagar, Tirupassur and Ikkadu.
Besides the pastoral program the parish was housing a formation house, namely, Infant Jesus Formation House which catered to the needs of candidates aspiring for the priesthood from the year 1989 to 1995.
Nearly 10 batches of 66 seminarians were formed here for the Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore under the dynamic leadership of Fr M Arulraj, Fr A Arulraj, Fr Kirubagaran and Fr Rayanna.
Due to the increasing needs of the formation and growth of the congregation in the parish the formation house was shifted to Kanakammachathram.
Rev Fr V M Thomas animated this parish for 20 long years.
The size of the congregations increased in the mission stations and Thiruvallur parish had given birth to two new parishes namely, Manavala Nagar and Sevvapet.
2015 December 13th Archbishop George Antonysamy opened Holy Door at Thiruvallur the Jubilee Year of Mercy.
Now the 65 years old church is demolished and the construction of a new church is in-process.
The Sub Stations with Chapel:
1. Tirupassur
St. Antony's Church
2. Karikalavakkam
Jesus the Joy Incarnate Mission
3. Arumbakkam
Thiruseluvai Thirumalai
Information
162, Jawaharlal Nehru Road,
Thiruvallur Dt - Chennai.
602 001 - India




