St. Theresa Of The Child Jesus Church
Church History
Dev Fr John D Vennadt who was a military chaplain (holding the rank of captain) and the Parish Priest of Avadi started evangelizing the people in and around Moral in the 1940s.
Tradition says that the Catholics of this area later were animating the celebrations at Pattabiram and Avadi Kamaraja Nagar areas for some time when those areas had not developed pastorally.
The land for the present school at Moral was bought by Fr. Philip Manathra (as Parish Priest of Avadl) in 1958.
The land for the present church was bought by him in 1960 and the church was built and completed by him in 1967.
The Presentation Sisters (Irish) were invited to work here by Fr. Philip Manathra (as VG of the Archdiocese).
They started their mission on 16th July 1995. Moral was declared as a quasi parish when he took charge of it from January 1996 to May 1997 after his term as Diocesan Administrator.
Moral has been the substation of Avadi, Pattabiram, Devi Nagar and Avadi HVF at various points of time till it started functioning as a parish from 11 May 2008.
The school here was built and started functioning in June 2009.
The Chapel at Kanniamman Nagar was completed by the Salesians in February 2014, when they were looking after the parish from 2012 to 2014, the ground floor and first floor of the present presbytery was completed by the Salesians in 2014.
Sub-Station with Chapel
Kanniamman Nagar
Sub-Stations without Chapel
Melpakkam
Arakampakkam
Annanagar
Veerapuram
llango Nagar
Bharathi Nagar
Information
3/6, Madha Koil St.,
Morai - Avadi IAF (Via),
Chennai - 600 055
India




