Fathima Church
Church History
In 1940 the Church of Fathima had its humble beginning in a garage.
In 1946, the Bishop of Mylapore purchased four acres of land and a small chapel was erected with the funds raised by the Catholics there.
This Church was a sub-station of Nungambakkam Parish.
His Excellency Rt Rev M Guerreira who was the last Bishop of Mylapore blessed the foundation stone for the present church.
This Church was erected as a Parish on the 10th April 1951and the first Parish Priest was Fr Joseph Thamby.
On 21st October 1956 the Archbishop of Madras-Mylapore, Dr Louis Mathias SDB blessed and inaugurated the Divine Worship for the parishioners.
Sub-station with Chapel
Varadarajpet - St. Antony's Church
Information
3, 4th Cross Street,
United India Colony,
Kodambakkam - Chennai
600 024 - India




