The Good Shepherd Church
Church History
Rev. Fr. Prieur who was Parish Priest of Athipakkam built the first chapel at Thirukoilur in 1889.
In 1971, Thirukoilur was erected as a Parish with a number of substations from Athipakkam and Mugaiyur parishes and with Rev. Fr. Roland as the first resident Parish Priest.
The parish church was built in 1978-79.
Substations with Chapel
1. Fathima Madha Chapel (1955), Kottaimarudur, Topovanam
2.St.Antony's Chapel (1991), Vadakarai Thayanur, Virathangaram
3. St.Antony's Chapel (1960), Deviagaram, Virattagaram
4. St.Antony's Chapel (1991), Manampoondi
5. Fathima Madha Chapel (1978), Arumbakkam
6. St.Joseph's Chapel (1977), Mudalur
7. Fathima Madha Chapel (1969), Koovanur
8. Fathima Madha Chapel, Adurkollapakkam
9. Infant Jesus Chapel, Devanoor
Substations without Chapel
1. Madampoondi
2. Tirupalapandal
3. Thoppucherry
4. Thagadi
5. Mudiyanoor
6. Edaiyar
7. Sithilingamadam
8. Meyyur
9. Vadamalayanoor
10. Kollur
11. Arakandanallur
12. Kollapakkam
13. Vadamarudur
14. Pennaivalam
15. Veerapandy
16. Vadakku Nemili
17. Keezha Thazhavanur
18. P. Vengur
19. Pudu Vengur
20. Kanakanandal
Information
Tirukkoyilur,
Villupuram Dt. - Tamil Nadu
605 757 - India




