Annunciation Of The Lord
Church History
Jhabua, the second mission station among the Bhil tribal was started by French Capuchin missionaries namely Frs. Charles and his companion Aarastose in a rented house in the bazar, in the year 1905. After two years it was shifted and established in the present premises, which was allotted by the Jhabua King Udaysingh. The missionaries established contact with the people through village visits and served them by starting a school and running a dispensary. The first group of Bhils received faith in 1909 from Fr. Bernard OFM (Cap), who served the station for 25 years, till it was handed over to the SVDs in 1933. The Parish church was built and blessed in 1927 by the Bishop Caumont of Ajmer. The mission continued to make all round progress under the stewardship of foreign SVD priests, continued by Indian SVDs and later by diocesan priests.
Information
Cathedral Jhabua
District Jhabua
Madhya Pradesh

