Holy Family Church
Church History
A plot of land at Nuta village, for a Church, was bought by the then parish priest Bishop Cyprian Monis. A shed with asbestos was built as a temporary measure and blessed by Archbishop Henry D' Souza in December 1986. In 1987 a hostel was started. In 1989, a new convent and the hostel building were built. The Sisters of Providence of Gap took over the responsibility of the hostel but stayed for only three years. After their departure in 1991, the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa took over the responsibilities. In 1992, Fr. Valerian Fernandes was appointed as the first Priest- in53 charge of the place. He also bought more land at Nuta on which the present presbytery stands. Prayer hall was built in 2002 and an English Medium School started in 2008.
Category: DIOCESAN
Catholic: 1227
Information
Nuta, Orgram, Burdwan, PIN-713128
