Sacred Heart Church
Church History
Fr. Delplace, SJ who is often called 'the real founder of the 24 Parganas Mission', came to Morapai area in 1875. In 1885 the first Parish Church of 24 Parganas, Sacred Heart Church at Morapai was blessed. Then came up St. Patrick's Boys School in 1893 and St. Anne's Girl's School in 1905. The first convent of the congregation of the Daughters of St. Anne was built in 1904. This is also the first convent of the present Baruipur diocese. At the time Morapai Parish included the present Parishes of Khari, Baidyapur, Basanti, Kalyanpur and Baruipur (in part) until they were detached in 1927, 1930, 1971 and 1985 respectively. Bishop Lobo was Parish Priest from 1978 - 1983.
Information
Catholic Church,
P.O. Morapai, Via Mograhat,
South 24-Parganas,
Pin - 743 355.
