ST. PATRICK'S CHURCH
Church History
The Church was built in the beginning of the 17th century. The present Church was blessed on October 10, 1848 was meant for the Irish Regiment. When the British left, Fr. Percy Quiteiro was appointed Parish Priest in 1950; followed by Fr. Aloysius OFM Cap and Fr. Edmund OFM Cap.
St. Clare's School was opened in 1957 by the Clarist nuns from Mount Mary's Bandra, Mumbai. They closed down the school in 1970. In 1971 the school was taken over by the Archdiocese of Agra and Rev. Fr. Jose Muttath was appointed as the Principal. The new school building was dedicated as a memorial to Archbishop Dominic Athaide's Episcopal Silver Jubilee. The Sisters of Canossian Daughters of Charity started to work in the school since 1988. The Air Force Station is also served from this parish. In 2016 Rev. Fr. John Ferreira renovated and painted the Church giving it a new look. The following are the Diocesan priests who served here from 1970:
St. Clare's Sr. Sec. School
Fr. Jose Muttath 1970 - 1986
Fr. Sebastian Pantaladi 1986 - 1992
Fr. Antony C. J. 1992 - 1994
Fr. John Ferriera 1994 - 1995
Fr. George Paul 1995 - 1997
Fr. Bhaskar Jesuraj 1997 - 1999
Fr. Simon Tuscano 1999 - 2005
Fr. Joe Vadakkekara 2005 - 2010
Msgr. K. C. Thomas 2010 - 2014
Fr. John Ferreira 2014 - 2019
Fr. Gregory Tharayil 2019 -
Address St. Patrick's Church 118, Prithviraj Road Agra Cantt. - 282 001
Phone 0562-2225266
E-mail stpatrickagc@gmail.com
Patron St. Patrick
Annual Feast day March 17
Estd 1848
Catholics 446
Clergy Fr. Gregory Tharayil (PP)
Fr. Bhaskar Jesuraj
Fr. Shajun (APP)
Religious House
Canossian Convent (FDCC) T. 2970362
Institutions
T. 2227721, 2227747
St. Patrick's Social Work Centre M. 7900972253
Information
St. Patrick's Church 118, Prithviraj Road Agra Cantt. - 282 001
