St. Antony’s Church
Church History
ALLIPADE: (1938)
ST ANTONY
Address : Allipade P.O.
Via Bantwal - 574 211
Phone : 08255-286236; 8277939304
Email : allipadechurch@gmail.com
Website : www.allipadeparish.com
Catholics : 935 Families: 200
P. P. : Rev. Frederick Monteiro
(from 2018 onwards)
Phone : 9449389269
Email : frederick_monteiro@yahoo.com
freddy21monteiro@gmail.com
Convent:
St Joseph of Cluny Sisters
Superior : Sr Archana SJC
Near St Antony’s Church
Allipade P.O., Via Bantwal - 574 211
Phone : 08255-286572; 9741374108
Institutions:
1. St John’s High School
Phone : 08255-286625; 9741374108
2. St John’s Hr Pry School
Phone : 08255-286167; 9902835184
3. St John’s English Med. School
Phone : 08255-286167; 9686340330
4. St Antony Nursery School
Phone : 08255-286167; 9686340330
Former Parish Priests :
Rev. Fr Gregory Pereira (2011-2018)
Rev. Fr Walter D'Souza (2010-2011)
Rev. Fr Lawrence Mascarenhas (2002-2010)
Rev. Fr Alexander Lobo (1994-2002)
Rev. Fr Henry Sequeira (1993-1994)
Rev. Fr Alban D'Souza (1986-1993)
Rev. Fr Ignatius M. D'Souza (1983-1986)
Rev. Fr Mark Veigas (1981-1983)
Rev. Fr William Fernandes (1979-1981)
Rev. Fr M. Micheal Pereira (1967-1979)
Rev. Fr Gilbert Pinto (1947-1967)
Rev. Fr Louis Furtado (1939-1947)
HISTORY:
Once the part of Agrar, Allipade was established as an independent parish on May 22, 1938 by Bishop Victor R. Fernandes. Prior to this it was served from Agrar and a small school built there served as a chapel. Fr. Aloysius Furtado was appointed on March 9, 1939 and installed on March 16 as the first parish priest. He stayed at the school. Mass was celebrated in a thatched shed. Fr Paul D. G. Rego of Agrar had built the earlier presbytery. The existing church was built by Fr Gilbert Pinto (1948-1967). It was inaugurated on December 26, 1955 by Bishop Peres. Mr. Felix Albuquerque of Mangalore had donated timber worth Rs 2,000/- to the church at the time of its construction. Fr. G. Pinto constructed a road to Allipade. He also bought the bell worth Rs 1,000/- from the Milagres Church, Mangalore. Fr Michael Pereira (1967-1979) built the presbytery; Fr Alban D’Souza (19863-1993) built the belfry. The church was renovated by Fr Alexander Lobo (1994-2002).
Information
Allipade P.O.
Via Bantwal - 574 211
