St. Teresa Of Lisieux Church
Church History
When the barrage at Durgapur was being built with twelve new factories, Fr. R. Drugman S. J., came in from Asansol in the weekends and celebrated the Holy Mass for Catholics in clubs and private houses in different places and later on at Benachitty school. He obtained ground from A.B. B. authorities for St. Xavier's School, for Carmel School and for the church. After getting a place for the church Fr. Stevens S. J. came from Bangalore to draw up a plan for a circular church at City Centre. Durgapur was erected into a parish in January 1968 with Fr. Y. de Steenhault S. J. as the first Parish Priest.
Category:
Catholic: 1400
Information
Catholics Church, City Centre, Durgapur, PIN-713216
