Presentation Church
Church History
Koorapettai, the old Christian village was under the Madurai Mission and was linked with Konankuppam and with Thennur in the 18 century.
This became a separate parish in 1873 and was linked with Kunankurichy. Sometimes Koorapettai was the headquarters and at other times Kunankurichy.
During 1926, the Parish Church was built by Fr. Saverinather.
The government acquired all the buildings and lands in and around Koorapettai for the Neyveli Lignite Corporation, including the church.
The church was about to be demolished.
The then Parish Priest, Fr. Olasayil, managed to have the church preserved and got it leased to the Archdiocese for use as the parish church of Neyveli.
Fr. Verinaud (1960-69) organized the workers, newly settled in the various 30 blocks of the Town-Ship into a workers parish. Fr. R.S. Arocklaraj built the new rectory during 2010.
Substations with Chapel
1. Holy Redeemers' Church (1972) Blk:20
2. Arokiamatha Chapel (1987) Blk:21
3. Resurrection Chapel (1984) Blk:28
4. St.Joseph's Chapel (1985) Blk:4, Periyar Road.
5. St.Antony's Chapel (1984) Blk:30
6. Sagayamatha Chapel (1982)
TKP Nagar, Vanathairoyapuram, Vadalur.
7. Infant Jesus Chapel (2004) Indira Nagar.
Information
Township - 1 Block: 24,
Jawaharlal Nehru Road,
Post Box: 13,
Kurinjipadi Tk - Cuddalore Dt.
Tamil Nadu - 607 801 - India




